Friday, December 10, 2010

Hello Solids!

Today marked the end of my dreaded liquid diet. I was super excited to eat some real food with substance. While you drop pounds quickly consuming nothing but liquids, there are some awful side effects. The hunger pains were unbearable at times, and the lightheadedness often threw me for a loop. I'll leave the rest to your imagination, but let's just say: if it goes in as liquid... It comes out as liquid. #tmi

I celebrated my first day back on solids by going to lunch with my line sister. We went to Mellow Mushroom in Midtown, a favorite since our days at Grady High. I ordered a Chef Salad with the intention of only being able to eat about half of it and having some leftovers. I spent much of my time chopping up everything finely and the rest of the time making sure I was chewing everything well. It was much tastier than I remember, but a week of liquids will make anything taste good!

I was so satisfied, I decided to go home and take a nap. I've never gotten the itis from a salad, but there's always a first time for everything.

On a completely different note, I will be asking Santa for an iPad! I am typing this post from my older sister's iPad and it's AWESOME! That's huge coming from me considering I have declared a war on all things touch screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment